Have you had a break up? Are you feeling low or sad? Well, for those who have been cheated and got their heart broken, we have compiled Breaking up Quotes under three categories:
Read them, re read them to come out of your sad state of affairs, gather your self, repair your heart, get energized and move on in life.
You may also like to watch a video on the same subject by clicking on this link..
Breaking up Quotes
- Sometimes you just have to forget about that person you once loved and move on.
- It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on. ― Nicholas Sparks
- There is no such thing as a “broken family.” Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you. ― C. JoyBell C.
- I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead. Passed years seem safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance. ― Beryl Markham
- It was strange, really. A couple months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently I could. ― Gabrielle Zevin
- She took a step and didn’t want to take any more, but she did. ― Markus Zusak
- Never rearrange your life in order to meet Mr. Darcy half way. If he couldn’t see your worth at the moment you met then he won’t two years later. May the halls of Pemberly be filled with his regrets and your life filled with thankfulness because of this revelation. ― Shannon L. Alder
- One of the best times for figuring out who you are & what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up. ― Mandy Hale
Recommended for you
- Sometimes you can’t let go of the past without facing it again. ― Gail Tsukiyama
- Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change. ― Shannon L. Alder
- When someone you love says goodbye you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you. ― Shannon L. Alder
- Life moves on and so should we ― Spencer Johnson
- Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. ― Justin Timberlake
- The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams. ― Oprah Winfrey
- True regret is knowing you missed your only opportunity to be simply a good friend to someone that was exactly like you. ― Shannon L. Alder
- How do you bear it?” Finnick looks at me in disbelief. “I don’t, Katniss! Obviously, I don’t. I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there’s no relief in waking up.” Something in my expression stops him. “Better not give in to it. It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart. ― Suzanne Collins
- I will continue my path, but I will keep a memory always. ― Rosie Thomas
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did. ― Faraaz Kazi
- Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future. ― Wayne L. Misner
- What’s past is prologue, and the world awaits. ― Lisa Mantchev
- Then he remembered Ralph’s words–“no point in fighting your war over and over until you get it right. ― M.L. Stedman
- No one is worth wasting a gorgeous weekend over. ― Susane Colasanti
- Rejection is one of the worse forms of pain. Loss is the worst. Grief haunts until you allow yourself to move on. ― Angelica Hopes
- Girls you’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page. ― Tori Amos
- A Plan B life can be just as good or better than a Plan A life. You just have to let go of that first dream and realize that God has already written the first chapter of the new life that awaits you. All you have to do is start reading! ― Shannon L. Alder
- It was strange walking through the empty apartment. My battered purple room was gone, Brittany’s bruised blue was gone. Two coats covered everything. It was like none of it had ever happened. ― Kimberly Novosel
- Don’t focus on who let you down. Appreciate who lifted you up. Don’t focus on who darkened your days. Appreciate who brightened them. ― Karen Salmansohn
- Every time you rip the bandages off, you just open the wound up again. Every time he sees you, it’s like tearing off the bandages. ― Cassandra Clare
- Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it’s the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. But my hand has been clenched into a fist for three years now; it’s frozen shut. ― Gayle Forman
- I thought, possibly, that what I really needed was to go where nobody knew me and start over again, with none of my previous decisions, conversations, or expectations coming with me. ― Maggie Stiefvater
- I had to cease to mourn what could never be and make the most of what was possible. And I would begin doing that by trying to mend the hurts of the past. ― Cameron Dokey
- Don’t doubt yourself, that’s what haters are for. ― Turcois Ominek
- Change has to come for life to struggle forward. ― Helen Hollick
- The only real conflict you will ever have in your life won’t be with others, but with yourself. ― Shannon L. Alder
- And I’m ill with the thought of your kiss, coffee-laced intoxicating on her lips… shut it out, I’ve got no claim on you now, I’m not allowed to wear you freedom down ― A Fine Frenzy
- Forgiveness is the one gift you don’t give to others. Rather, it is the gift you give yourself, so you can finally be free. ― Shannon L. Alder
- No use crying over spilled milk. – Old Adage
- Throw out old clothes and shoes, and train your brain to get rid of old thoughts and ideas. ― Karen Salmansohn
- When one door shuts… sometimes it’s best to leave it shut, and move on… ― Scott Joffe
- You can not avoid life or your thoughts you can only make the best of your current situation and move on with a positive mental attitude. ― Matthew Donnelly
- Its not the love that hurts but the scented memories of anticipated dreams of a future together ― Kiran Joshi
- How can I be reasonable? To me our love was everything and you were my whole life. It is not very pleasant to realize that to you it was only an episode. ― W. Somerset Maugham
- If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them. ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- Love starts with a hug, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear. .— Unknown
- Love is like quicksand…The further you fall in, the harder it is to get out.
- When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death. – Dennis Quaid
- It’s hard to forget someone who you’ve imagined spending forever with.— Unknown
- If you keep telling the same sad small stroy, you will keep living the same sad small life. – Jean Houston
- Never cry for the person who hurts you. Just smile & say: Thanks for giving me the chance to find someone better than you.
- Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for. ― Mandy Hale
- And perhaps there is a limit to the grieving that the human heart can do. As when one adds salt to a tumbler of water, there comes a point where simply no more will be absorbed. ― Sarah Waters
- If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind. ― Shannon L. Alder
- We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there. ― Pascal Mercier
- Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in. ― Katherine Mansfield
- When you love someone, it’s never over,’ Dr. Carruthers replied gently. ‘You move on, because you have to, but you bring him in your heart. ― Elizabeth Chandler
- Your body will forget, but your heart often doesn’t. ― Sundeep Kataria
- Just as physical wounds heal at different rates in different people, so do emotional wounds. Everyone has different needs and speeds. ― Karen Salmansohn
- Time not only heals, time reveals ― Karen Salmansohn
- The time when you wish if death was possible from a heartbreak ― Kiran Joshi
- The sweetest part of being a couple is sharing your life with someone else. But my life, evidently, had not been good enough to share. ― Charlaine Harris, Club Dead
- It took a while for her to figure out she could run but when she did she was long gone, Long gone.. ― Keith Urban
- No boy is worth your TEARS, and the one who IS, will NEVER make you CRY.
- Don’t be so quick to give your heart away because someone will take it and throw it away. — Unknown
- Don’t trust too much, don’t love too much, don’t care too much because that ‘too much’ will hurt you so much!
- Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you. Feel sad for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.— Unknown
- I’m proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned, and broken…but somehow still works.— Unknown
- Pain makes you stronger, tears make you braver, and heartbreak makes you wiser. So thank the past for a better future.— Unknown
- I am thinking of you in my sleepless solitude tonight. If it’s wrong to love you, then my heart just won’t let me be right cause I’m drowned in you and I won’t pull through without you by my side. — Mariah Carey My All lyrics
- Sometimes a little heartbreak is a lesson, and the best thing to do is just learn the lesson. – Jon Voight
- A letdown is worth a few songs. A heartbreak is worth a few albums. – Taylor Swift
- The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it… – Nicholas Sparks
- The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten. – William Faulkner
Quotes about Relationship Break up
- It’s hard to give up the being together with someone. ― Lois Lowry
- Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today? ― Mary Manin Morrissey
- I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT…Goodbye. ― Steve Maraboli
- Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You’re aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus, or is boarding a different ship, and you just can’t be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn’t be. ― C. JoyBell C.
- Never love someone beneath your level of evolution. If you want a monkey, you can visit one at your local zoo. ― Shannon L. Alder
- Every relationship that has hit a crossroads has asked, What is it that you want from me? ― Shannon L. Alder
Video: Breaking Up Quotes
Did you like these quotes ? You may also like:
You may also like related articles:
- Why being selfish is good for you
- How to Improve Your Relationship
- Why have a Love Hate Relationship?
Please do share with others you care about on the social media.