Father’s Day is a day to show respect and honor not only fathers but important male figures in one’s life such as, brothers, uncles. Father’s day helps us to remember the special efforts put in including the sacrifices and contributions of our fathers and male figures to me our lives better. In this short blog, we share the date of Father’s Day This Year and Celebrating Father’s Day.
Sections in this blog ( you may click on the link to go directly to the particular section):
- When is Father’s Day this year
- Reasons for Celebrating Father’s Day
- Celebrating Father’s Day
- Father’s Day Quotes
- Father’s Day Greetings and Father’s Day Messages
- Video: Father’s Day Greetings and Father’s Day Messages
- Video: Father’s Day Quotes
Father’s Day This Year and Celebrating Father’s Day
When is Father’s Day this year?
This year, father’s day falls on June 17 Sunday in USA, Canada, UK, Chad, Malta, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Sri Lanka Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe etc.
But there are many countries celebrate Father’s day on different day. For example, in Austria and Belgium it is celebrated on second Sunday of June.
Similarly in Germany it is celebrated on Ascension Day, while a few European countries celebrate Father’s day on St Joseph’s Day.
Reasons for Celebrating Father’s Day
Fathers have a unique and special role to in the life of the child. An ideal father can be child’s Superhero, mentor, role model, friend, guide, and much more. A good and responsible father stands by his kids through all challenges and helps them succeed.
It is to acknowledge male parenting and celebrate fatherhood Father’s Day is celebrated every year on the third week of June.
It is the time to show and express our love, adoration and gratitude to these special people in our lives.
Celebrating Father’s Day
Today, millions of people in different parts of the world observe Father’s Day on the third Sunday of June by expressing gratitude for their father or father like figures.
It is heartening to note that now schools and cultural associations, societies organize cultural programs on Father’s Day. Social media too is full of father’s day greetings, inspirational fathers day messages and happy father’s day card messages.
The purpose of such programmes is to educate children to pay due respect to their father and take care of them in their old age. Fathers are also encouraged to spend quality time with their children and instil in them noble values and manners.
Father’s Day Quotes
“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
“The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad!” – Anony
“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys. ” – Harmon Killebrew
“Father!–to God himself we cannot give a holier name.” -William Wordsworth
“He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland, American writer
“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” – Umberto Eco, Italian novelist
“My father will leave me nothing to do.” – A young Alexander the Great, future king of Macedonia (356-323 B.C.)
“A father is a treasure; a brother, a comfort; a friend is both.” –Benjamin Franklin, American statesman
“His heritage to his children wasn’t words or possessions, but an unspoken treasure, the treasure of his example as a man and a father.” –Will Rogers, Jr.
“A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” – Anony
Father’s Day Greetings and Father’s Day Messages
Father’s Day is an opportunity to tell your dad how much you love him, appreciate him, adore him. Here are a few model messages and greetings:
I have always loved you, will continue to love you tomorrow, and everyday…Happy Father’s Day Papa
– Dear Dad, As I grow older, more I realize how important it is to have a Dad like you. You have provided me everything in my life and most important it is the love and care I needed. Happy Father’s Day!
– Thanks for always giving me support and stability …You are the pillar of strength…….. just words are not enough to thank you Papa for your love and care.
– Dear Papa, you have always played a silent but impactful role in my life…thank you for your constant support and so much love…Happy Father’s Day.
– You have so wonderfully touched my life in countless ways…mentored me… coached me…always motivated me……thank you Papa.
– I want to thank you from the bottome of my heart for the so many things and countless lovely moments shared with you…Happy Father’s Day.
– God knew exactly what I needed…so he made you to be my Dad…Happy Father’s Day.
– Dearest Dad, You are the best Father in the world. I always feel blessed to have you in my life, today and always. Happy Father’s Day!
– Wonder how you always come to know of my problems! …and come out with wonderful solutions …always grateful and in deep appreciation …Happy Father’s Day
Video: Father’s Day Greetings and Father’s Day Messages
Video: Father’s Day Quotes
Latest posts by Sundeep Kataria (see all)
- Dating A Divorced Man - November 29, 2018
- 6 Money Questions Everyone Should Ask In A Relationship - November 6, 2018
- Predictions for 2019 and 2020 by Psychics and Clairvoyants - October 17, 2018